I have a few small things to mention so here they all are in one post:
First up us bloggers up North are having a meet up in Manchester on the 11th June, no time and location decided yet but if you are interested join in the discussions on the Google group: http://groups.google.com/group/nw-blogger-meet-up/about
Also another thing I keep forgetting, the giveaway to win a £20 gift voucher for my online shop http://www.shopstreetstyle.com/ is still running until next week- 27th. You could get a free dress or bag, or use the voucher against a bigger purchase! To enter click HERE
Also check out the gorgeous Tanya wearing her new dress from Shop Street Style on her blog Ye Old Socks
Don’t forget you can download my eBook a guide to spotting counterfeits including Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Vivienne Westwood FREE just click the link on the top right of the blog.
Finally blog awards, I have to admit I am a bad blogger when it comes to passing on awards. I usually blog about a week or so behind real time events and so end up forgetting to post the awards. I add the links to my favourites and then go to look for them, see I have about four billion links in there and can’t cope. I am in the process of sorting the list out into folders but it will take a while. So whilst I have this fresh in my mind a thank you to Caramel Latte Kiss
So for one of the awards I have to list 7 things about myself, here goes:
1. I hate moths, its not a phobia just absolute loathing. As soon as I see one I think it will eat the vintage Chanel in a millisecond so I cannot rest until I have it nicely splattered up the wall.
2. I have an obsessive personality, I go through phases of things with food. I will be happy to eat pretty much just that one food until I get so sick of it I never want it again. At the moment it is avocado and black olives.
3. The obsessiveness also extends to designers or stores. Last year I had a thing for Zara and would buy full outfits from there. This only lasted a couple of months when I came to my senses and realised I was buying a load of tat I would never wear nor did I need. I have longer standing obsessions with certain designers mostly Chanel and Vivienne Westwood. At the moment I am back in a Viv phase.
4. Speaking of Queen Viv, if I had to choose my absolute favourite designer collection in the entire world it would be Vivienne Westwood’s Nostalgia of Mud aka ‘Buffalo’ collection. I was only 1 year old at the time it was released in 1982, but I hope one day to buy an outfit at auction.
5. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, I became ill at the begging of last year and put it down to flu, sprains, food allergies and generally being run down until I was diagnosed at the end of the year. Because I am awkward they still cannot detect the exact strain of RA even after months of tests. I have probably had every single blood test know to man. This week I finally start medication which will fight the disease, this can take up to 12 weeks to work but fingers crossed it will have good results. It is a funny thing, some days I can pretty much be OK, other days I have even the energy to get dressed. I don’t really like talking about it all that much, so most people don’t even know I have it, they just think I am anti-social / odd wearing winter clothing in summer / lazy as I never take the stairs. I have never been one to complain and just like to get on with things.
Boo and I enjoying the sun, Im wearing my Chanel clogs the subject of last years obsession
6. I have 8 dogs, Pomeranians to be precise. Technically Simba and Sirius are mine, who you have seen a lot of on the blog, especially Sirius as he likes to follow me around. Simba used to do this too but seems to have gotten used to the fact I don’t do anything remotely interesting if he isn’t there. The rest of the dogs are all divided up between the rest of my family, since we are all living together at the moment it is a bit of a full house! Here I am with Boo, Sirius’ mum, we aren’t too sure who would claim ownership of Boo as me and my mum tend to share her. My parents also have Ruby, Jet and Han and my brothers Chewie and Bella. Han and Chewie are the two brown poms, they are twins and you could never separate them, they have their own special games and ways of communicating just like human twins! We have no idea what we would do when we all have to move out so I guess will all have to live together forever- not something my brothers fiance finds as amusing as we do!
7. I hate chocolate flavoured things, like cake, muffins or cookies. Regular chocolate I love but it is just wrong in other things.
I can’t decide who to pass the award onto so I am passing it on to every one of my followers. I now have over 500 readers of this blog and they are only the ones I can see on the google counter, I know there are many more from your lovely emails, bloglovin, facebook and twitter and those who come to read that I never know about. I am really touched that you all take the time to come over here, thank you.